Be equipped and energized this Fall! This Symposium will provide you with practical application of the current evidence & hottest topics in school-based practice. This is the essential course for every school-based OT & PT – whether you’re new to the practice, or you’re an experienced therapist seeking more ideas! The Symposium consists of multiple seminar topics including prognosis & backward planning, tests & measures, executive functions, implementing assistive technology for students with multiple disabilities, embedded services, self-determination, self-management, post-school transitions, fine motor and visual perception skills, motor learning, and clinical decision-making. Come and learn from the leading experts in the field of school-based practice.
DELIVERY: This 2-day conference will be delivered over 2 days FACE-TO-FACE.
AUDIENCE: OTs, OTAs, PTs, PTAs, and Educators
CREDIT: 12 hours of continuing education training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
Early Bird: In-State $299 Out-of-State $449 (Rates valid through October 3, 2022)
Regular: In-State $339 Out-of-State $479
Day 1 Agenda
8:00 am – 3:30 pm: All-Day Therapy Intensive: Select one option:
- Therapy Intensive Option 1: Developmental Coordination Disorder: Evidence-based Assessment and Interventions
- Therapy Intensive Option 2: Your Must-Have Motor Kit: Promoting Movement and Motor Skills in Classrooms with Easy to Collect and Easy-to-Carry Materials
Day 2 Agenda
8:00 am – 3:30 pm: Four Seminars including:
- Down Syndrome: Assessment and Intervention Planning
- Predicting the Future to Plan the Now: Using Prognosis in Cerebral Palsy
- Creating Goals that Are Easy to Monitor...and a Stress-free Companion Monitoring Tool
- Evidence - based Practices for Indirect and Direct Services: Cased-based Application along the Least Restrictive Environment Continuum
*Registration starts at 7:30 am. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.